Looking to work in one of top 10 countryside locations in the UK? (2018 Sunday Times list).
Settle Stories, a thriving arts charity in the idyllic Yorkshire Dales market town of Settle, is looking to recruit an energetic Event Management Intern aged between 18-35.
This exciting opportunity will give the successful participant insight into the inner workings of a thriving rural arts organisation across a range of activity. You will gain experience in producing, arts administration and communication under mentorship from Settle Stories
Artistic and Executive Directors.
Settle Stories mission is to change your world through story. We collaborate with communities and artists to create transformative experiences that ignite curiosity and reimagine storytelling. We do this through year-round events including a Learning Programme and our flagship biannual festival. This internship will give you the opportunity to gain experience across working across different areas of the organisations, working towards the Settle Stories Festival, supporting Learning Programme activity and working towards event managing your own event as part of our year round programme.
If you can see yourself living and working in this unique location, are seeking an opportunity to push your boundaries, develop your skills, and want to make a real difference through your work, then this role is for you.
This opportunity is available thanks to funding from The Great Place Lakes & Dales initiative.
June 2019 to March 2020 (780 hours over this period) - days of work negotiable
£9.00 per hour
The Joinery, Dawsons Court, Market Place, Settle, BD24 9ED
Please note that regrettably The Joinery is not wheelchair accessible.
TRAINING WILL INCLUDE
- Event Management
- Website content writing and updating
- Venue safety - inc risk assessments
- Artist Liaison and scheduling
- Seeking quotes from suppliers
- Venue Liaison
- Learning office systems and event management IT tools
- Managing stakeholders
- Minute taking in meetings
- Online marketing tasks
- General administration tasks
- Working to targets
- An insight into the organisation process of a thriving arts organisation
- Experience in arts administration, producing, marketing and events management
- Communication with artists, suppliers and partners
- Public-facing written and visual content creation
- People management tasks
- Networking with a range of artists and art professionals
WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOUNG PERSONS (aged 18 - 35)
- looking to develop skills in arts administration, producing and events management
- interested and invested in the arts and local arts scene
- Good written, numerical and communication skills
- Interest in arts administration, producing and event management
- Good punctuality and commitment
- An urge to learn and develop skills
- Experience of working or volunteering with arts organisations (not essential)
- Experience with WordPress management (not essential)
Send your CV and cover letter explaining your experience and why this opportunity would benefit you to Charles Tyrer, Executive Director at email@example.com by May 15th 2019.