DOWNLOAD THE FULL LEAFLET HERE
Put classroom learning into context with an adventure through cobbled streets, countryside and woodlands as you learn about life both past and present in a rural community. It is bursting with fascinating stories dating as far back as 1249.
Created for KS1 and KS2 this heritage experience is designed to educate and inspire young people. Your visit to Settle will give children the chance to see, smell, hear and touch the beautiful landscape, architecture and wildlife that make up the stunning and historic Yorkshire Dales' town of Settle.
Our staff are trained and experienced in running a wide range of activities and tailoring our activities to your needs. We offer safe and professional access to this stunning part of the country.
Things you’ll find on the trail
- Settle - Carlisle Railway
- Gallery on the Green - the smallest gallery in the world
- Farmyard animals
- Historic buildings - The Folly
- Castleberg Crag - a breathtaking limestone crag
- Stunning countryside
Every child will get:
- An activity sheet
- A full colour print out of the trail
- A podcast to listen to at school and at home
The day will develop:
- Confident individuals
- Effective contributors
- Successful learners
- Reinforce the National Curriculum and bring the countryside to the classroom
- Provide an opportunity for social integration, introducing those from non-farming or city backgrounds to aspects of country life in the 21st century
- Promote a better understanding of the countryside and the environment.
- Develop community involvement
- Support academic achievement and the development of ‘soft’ skills and social skills
Health and Safety
Our workshops are thoroughly risk assessed. All staff and volunteers are appropriately trained and have been subjected to the necessary DBS checks.
Settle is within easy reach of the major hubs - Leeds, Lancaster, York and Harrogate.
Train: We’re just over 50 minutes from Leeds and Lancaster and are on the Leeds - Carlisle line. We are accessible via the Leeds - Morcambe line, with an extra ten minute bus journey.
The train will get you to and from Settle within the school day. Look at train times here.
Coach: Settle is situated just off the A65 on the B6480 between Skipton and Kendal. It is readily accessible from the A1, M1, M6 and M65 and there are several car parks.
Established in 2010 we have extensive experience working with schools and engage with around 2,000 young people a year. We offer safe and professional activities tailored to meet your needs.
How to Book
Contact Charles on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01729 822 292