- To apply mindfulness techniques to your creative writing
- Tools to help you find your own voice with your writing and techniques to sustaine this
- To place mindfulness at the heart of your creative writing
This retreat is for you, if you:
- Want to develop a regular mindfulness practice
- Want to develop your creative writing
- Wish to find your voice as a writer
- Desire peace and reflection, away from your everyday
- Wish to reconnect with your true self
- Are feeling stuck creatively and would like the chance to experiment and play in supportive surroundings
- Are looking for tools and techniques that will sustain you in your everyday life
- Are in need of rejuventation and renewal
Sita listens deeply, replies honestly and values the individual. Student of world renowned Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh, she is trained in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and has practiced mindfulness meditation for 20 years. She has taught meditation and mindfulness in a range of places including prisons and runs retreats. She has a Diploma in Positive Impact Coaching and is a trained in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). She has 20 years experience of working in the arts and facilitating workshops for adults and young people. She has performed internationally as a storyteller and is the founder and Director of Settle Stories.
Pete has a thirst for truth and clarity of thought. After a degree in English at Oxford he has pursued ‘a career of understanding’ which includes working as a community worker, as a psychotherapist, in public health and in the voluntary sector. As a long time student and teacher of meditation and the inner path, he uses mindfulness to guide his creative journey. In his role as a poet and writer, his work is known for its insight, humour and wisdom.
Where will the retreat take place?
Set amidst the stunning scenery of Settle in the Yorkshire Dales. The retreat will be based at Settle Stories new home, The Joinery, in the heart of Settle. Settle is accessible by train. By car, Settle is just off the A65 and is an hour from Bradford, and 1h 20m from Manchester, 50 mins from Lancaster.
Fri 6th - Sun 8th July 2018 Friday 6-9pm Sat & Sun 9.30 am - 4pm
This is a non-residential retreat. But accommodation is available locally, see here. We are happy to recommend accommodation that will suit your needs and budget.
Participant comments from the previous Settle Stories retreats:
'Both leaders brought experience, skilfulness, compassion and wondrousness! I loved every session. The meditation practices supported the creative meditations well.'
'So difficult to identify the 'best bits' - it was all wonderful, as were both the leaders.'
Feedback received over three months after a retreat from a participant:
'This retreat has changed my life. I now have clarity and a clear artistic focus which means my writing is going from strength to strength'.
Booking and Joining Instructions
Participants need to be able to walk for up to 7 miles a day. Moderate difficulty. Joining Instructions will be sent to you via email towards the end of September.
EARLY BIRD places are SOLD OUT for this retreat.